Monday, May 24, 2004

Are You Done With That?

Seeing this site, Rapture Ready, about, well, readying oneself for the imminent return of Christ for his flock, while the rest of us get left behind made me think: do the people who get raptured mind if we plunder the stuff they leave behind?

I mean, they won't need that Lexus, that big-screen TV, that cabinet full of liquor hidden from their relatives any more, will they? Dang, what about their houses? If Mel Gibson gets raptured, can I have his house?

Some other questions come to mind, of course: Are their pets just gonna starve or do the pets of believers get raptured, too? If the pilot of a plane gets raptured will all the folks left behind, er, die, or will Jesus perform special miracles for them and bring in each plane safely for a landing sans pilote?

Back to the stuff, though. Though I'm a man of modest tastes, I do have a wish list for any generous post-Rapture folks who don't mind us left behinders appropriating their stuff:
  • Honda Civic hybrid (hey, I coulda asked for the Lexus)
  • Bang & Olufson hi-fi (OK, so I'm an audiophile)
  • Stash of red Chilean wine
  • Martin Amis or Julian Barnes first editions
  • CDs (I'm picky, so blanket permission to sift through your collection would be great)
  • Cannondale bike (preferably hybrid)
  • Laptop w/DVD & burner--at least a P4!
  • That's about it really
  • Oh, a collection of fine cheeses would be nice
See, that's not even 10 things! If anybody has any of this stuff and doesn't mind me having it after they're raptured, please just leave a note in the comments.

Thanks.

(Via Boing Boing)

No comments: