Friday, January 20, 2006

But I'm a Nice Guy!

Occasionally, I like to throw some quotes up and let the juxtaposition between themes speak for itself:

Whatever you do, however terrible, however hurtful, it all makes sense, doesn't it, in your head? You never meet anybody who thinks they're a bad person.
- Tom Ripley, The Talented Mr. Ripley

I've been portrayed as a cynical barbarian preying on the very clients I was charged to defend.
- Jack Abramoff

I did this within a philosophical framework, and a moral and legal framework. And I have been turned into a cartoon of the greatest villain in the history of lobbying.
- Jack Abramoff

If I read the articles about me, and I didn't know me, I would think I was Satan.
- Jack Abramoff

Many of my e-mails have been maliciously taken out of context, another effort by those assaulting my career.
- and yes, Jack Abramoff

Guess you could do the same thing with Tom Delay.

On a lighter note:

Being an icon is overblown. Remember, an icon is moved by a mouse.
- William Shatner, Esquire, Feb 2006

No comments: