Saturday, January 03, 2009

Cavalcade of Quotations

Doing a little winter cleaning tonight and happened to come across a string of quotations, which meant a lot to me at different times in my life. So, here they are then:

The only kind of dignity, which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others. - Dag Hammarskjöld
I place the struggle for the victory of reason and of moral values above a peace brought by their loss. - Václav Havel in Memorandum
The voice of intelligence ... is drowned by the roar of fear. It is ignored by the voice of desire. It is contradicted by the voice of shame. It is biased by hate and extinguished by anger. Most of all, it is silenced by ignorance. - Dr. Karl Menninger
Values must be acted on to incite change. - me, I think, in grad school

No comments: