Thursday, July 05, 2007

Dept. of We Report You Decide

Wherein we juxtapose two distinct but related items and allow you to draw your own conclusions.

Ted Nugent in The Wall Street Journal today:
Forty years ago hordes of stoned, dirty, stinky hippies converged on San Francisco to "turn on, tune in, and drop out," which was the calling card of LSD proponent Timothy Leary. Turned off by the work ethic and productive American Dream values of their parents, hippies instead opted for a cowardly, irresponsible lifestyle of random sex, life-destroying drugs and mostly soulless rock music that flourished in San Francisco. ... I saw first-hand too many destroyed lives and wrecked families to ever want to drool and vomit on myself and call that a good time. I put my heart and soul into creating the best music I possibly could and I went hunting instead. ... While I salute and commend the political and cultural activism of the 1960s that fueled the civil rights movement, other than that, the decade is barren of any positive cultural or social impact.
Ted Nugent's lyrics to "Catch Scratch Fever" from his album of the same name in 1977:
I make the pussy purr with
The stroke of my hand
They know they gettin' it from me
They know just where to go
When they need their lovin man
They know I do it for free

They give me cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
That's the first song from the album; the second being "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang."

No comments: