Sunday, October 16, 2011

Photos: Occupy Wall Street




I'm currently uploading a series of photos I took at Occupy Wall Street yesterday and today. The protests are in interesting thing to behold. There's a variety of different types of people there: hippies and hipsters, sure, but also war veterans, union workers, elderly people, and folks from all other walks of life. It's crowded but not terribly dirty. I saw several people cleaning up at the time. There's a volunteer medic tent and library, and they were serving up food for $2 a plate, I think. I also saw people getting free haircuts and suits in order to join a protest march to Times Square today. Whatever you think of the "occupation," it's a fascinating thing to behold and I feel fortunate to be able to witness it first hand, whether I agree with every point being made or not.

No comments: