OK, these aren't so much demands - that's an allusion to an excellent Saul Williams song - but here's a list of 10 reforms and changes I'd like to see take place now that we have a left-of-center President and a majority Democrat Senate. Some of these reforms may confirm the suspicions of the moment's more dismayed conservatives. They needn't worry: I'm probably further to the left of President Elect Obama anyway ...
- Work with the Iraqis to plan an appropriate time to leave the country, and funnel more aid towards Afghanistan.
- Institute universal health care.
- Remove all travel restrictions for Americans and Cuban-Americans to Cuba.
- Reinstate trade with Cuba.
- Close Guantanamo Bay immediately.
- Start a movement to have anti-gay marriage laws struck down as un-Constitutional. Pass legislation which legalizes gay marriage in every state in the Union.
- Legalize marijuana for both medical and recreational use and determine what, if any, fronts in the "War on Drugs" are actually successful, dismantle the rest.
- Install a highly-qualified female Muslim to a position in high office.
- Provide amnesty for illegal aliens who meet certain conditions.
- Reform our prisons, which are cesspools of violence and turn criminals into monsters.
If you believe in any of these causes, why not track down a related non-profit you can support or at least join a Facebook group, so you can keep track of the issues.
And feel free to add your own "demands" in the comments, too.