- The 25% of the Chinese population with the highest IQs is greater than the population of the United States
- In India, the top 28%.
- The U.S. ranks 20th in the world in broadband penetration
- In 2002, Nintendo invested over $140 million in R&D.
- The U.S. government spent less than half of that on research and innovation in education
- 1 in 8 couple married in 2005 met online
- The number of text messages sent and received each day exceeds the population of the planet
- The amount of new technical information is doubling every two years
- So, if you're a college student, what you've learned is outdated before you graduate
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Some interesting and sobering stats from "Shift Happens," one of the most popular presentations on Slideshare.net: