Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Truth Will Out

Scott McClellan

Quotes for the week, if not the year:
History appears poised to confirm that the decision to invade Iraq was a serious strategic blunder. No one, including me, can know with absolute certainty how the war will be viewed decades from now ... What I do know is that war should only be waged when necessary, and the Iraq war was not necessary. ...

I spent countless hours defending the Administration from the podium in the White House briefing room. Although the things I said then were sincere, I have since come to realize that some of them were badly misguided.
Scott McClellan, Bush's Press Secretary from July 17, 2003 – April 26, 2006.

When even those closest to George Bush are confessing their disillusionment with his misguided and dishonest campaign, I guess there's some hope that American history books will record the details of our engagement with Iraq with a modicum of accuracy.

Further Reading:

No comments: