I got to thinking yesterday: if a United States president were a sandwich, which sandwich would he be?
In no exact order, my thoughts, so far, on the outcomes if presidents were sandwiches*:
1. George W. Bush - hot dog
2. Bill Clinton - sloppy joe
3. George H. W. Bush - cheeseburger
4. Jimmy Carter - peanut butter and jelly
5. Reagan - ham sandwich
6. Nixon - roast beef on rye with an excessive amount of mayonaisse, no lettuce or tomato
7. Kennedy - Dagwood
8. Eisenhower - grilled cheese with tomato
*Admittedly, I've taken some liberty with the definition of "sandwich"