Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Hero Worship

Boy, am I glad I missed this: Sean Hannity "interviewing" Dick Cheney. Sample extract:
"Well, here you are in the all-important swing state of Ohio," Hannity began.

"Right," Cheney replied.

"The president yesterday mentioned the shameless scare tactics that are being used by the Democrats and more particularly John Kerry, who is now on the stump regularly saying that there's a big January surprise," Hannity said, referring to talk of privatization of Social Security.

"Right," Cheney replied.
OK, I'm only linking to The Nation's review of the interview, not a transcript, so I don't know how the whole thing went, but I suspect we've seen enough. Do read on to see how he treats U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La.
After Hannity referred to what had just finished as "the interview I had with the vice president," Landrieu corrected him. "I wouldn't call what just happened with the vice president an interview. I think it was an infomercial for the Bush-Cheney reelection campaign."

Hannity blew up, screaming, "Senator, senator, I think you're a lousy senator, okay?" Then he whined, "If you don't like it, I don't really care."

But, of course, he did care.

After the Fox host repeatedly interrupted Landrieu, the senator said, "Sean, let me finish please. You did not interrupt the vice president."

"Well, you're not the vice president," Hannity growled, "and I doubt you ever will be."
The man really is a thug.

No comments: